Spring Term has got off to a flying start and whilst we are still navigating pandemic restrictions, now is the perfect time to revitalise the learning space with inspirational signs and graphics. But where do you start? How do you prioritise and implement the key factors that will ensure your school, college or campus will serve your people, your students and, crucially, your bottom line as well?
Essentially, it’s all down to meticulously considered design, looking at a number of factors including more collaborative workspaces which will bring people together. With great design firmly at the heart of everything we do, the Signbox team came up with the key design considerations that we believe are essential for an enriching environment that will work wonders for everyone.
These are our Top Ten learning space tips – if you’d like more advice on how to incorporate them into your 2022 budget plan, call the Signbox team on +44 (0)1784 438688 or email us to get the ball rolling.
- With all eyes on health during the pandemic, cycling to the workplace continues to take priority over the car and tube commute. The take-home here is that you’ll need to make provisions in your premises for secure bike storage, lockers and showers. Signbox have a range of media to print & paint your walls and floor.
- Keep your classroom as healthy as possible with equipment that helps reduce the spread of viral load and raises hygiene awareness. Our Durst UVC-R Air Disinfection system removes disinfected room air and recycles it back in without the infectious aerosols, viruses and germs that can do so much harm.
- Collaboration, learning spaces and break-out areas that débuted in the Noughties are the new get-together must-haves. These dedicated areas are exactly what your teams need to collaborate and learn effectively. They should be comfortable, productive and creative environments that also provide quiet, private havens.
- Sustainability is as important as it ever was. Your people may have expectations that you’re committed to eco-health, carbon neutrality and sustainability to enhance their wellbeing at work as much as meeting your ethical principles. A great place to start would be with a sustainable signage strategy. Discover our innovative Hybrid and Solar sign systems.
- Successful branding reflects cultural visions and adds inspirational value. For example, we’ll design bespoke signage solutions, from a glass manifestation scheme to the personalised wayfinding systems that project a brand identity from the first point of contact. What they have in common is that they’re all designed on brand & consistent.
- Your spatial environment will need to be aesthetically pleasing as well as functional. Having an inspirational place to work & learn will give your students a sense of pride in their place and a reason to return with enthusiasm. Signbox makes it easy to transform your workplace with breathtaking Digimura digitally printable wallcoverings and glazing manifestations.
- You can build on your workplace transformation with storytelling too. Your space reflects everything from your cultural values to your alumini demographics. Think about how you can use your space to take your people and visitors on a journey that takes account of your building, your ethos and your brand – Tell a story to exhilarating effect.
- Schools that are inspiring, vibrant spaces with plenty of space for interaction and engagement will invigorate and motivate your teams. A happy, cohesive educational environment where everyone feels fulfilled and valued will make light work of staff retention too. This is where Signbox environmental graphics are really at home with stunning imagery and materials.
- With so much focus on student wellbeing, it’s critical that you get creative with your outside spaces. Clear consistent signage schemes incorporating LED lighting will ensure your campus is welcoming, on brand and a safe space for all, 24-7. Signbox have a range of modular sign systems for internal & external wayfinding.
- Bringing the outside in will also do much to inspire and stimulate your students. Incorporating living walls and trees will not only add beauty and wellbeing to your interior space, but will purify the air around you, reduce noise add a little bit of nature with real value to your brand identity. Award winning workplace for Pernod Ricard at Chiswick Park
If you’d like more advice on how to incorporate the above into your 2022 budget plan, call the Signbox team on +44 (0)1784 438688 or email us to get the ball rolling