Signbox has been instrumental in helping a leading specialist insurer to bring to life its visual identity at its new London head office. The large scale fit-out – approximately 56,000sqm – took place across three floors within the One American Square building near Tower Hill, including corporate signage, wayfinding signs, bespoke graphics and glass manifestations. Signbox was heavily involved in the creative process from development to implementation.
Consolidating two London offices into one location, the move provided the insurer with the opportunity to, in the words of the company’s Marketing Communications Manager, Tracey Glibbery, “capture the true company style”. Upon receiving the brief, the project’s architect, Andrew Ramsey, recommended Signbox to design and deliver a colourful environment that would encapsulate the corporations brand identity in a vivacious way, while also adhering to its updated brand guidelines. The fit out included:
- Eye-catching illuminated corporate signage in the reception area
- Interior signage including door signs and wayfinding solutions in lobbies
- Light boxes featuring artwork using carefully researched images of cities where the company has presence/offices including Paris, Barcelona, Stockholm, Amsterdam and Copenhagen
- Images representing areas where this business specialises in, such as high value collector cars, cyber-crime, theatre and stage, and engineering, to illustrate the type of clients it works for
- High quality glass manifestation on office and meeting rooms windows for privacy using a pattern based around the Company logo, including a fading band of corporate blue, and an environmental image in the break-out area.
“Our old offices were somewhat dated, so the goal was to produce a stunning, iconoclast design that was a move away from a traditional insurance company’s office,” explains Glibbery. “Signbox met the brief perfectly and our staff are really impressed with the ‘new look’. The creative use of our logo in the glass manifestations has been particularly appreciated. The Signbox team delivered the project on time, which was important when you consider the pressures of moving office! It was a pleasure to work with them, and the end-result is a vibrant environment to work in.”
Andrew Ramsey, project architect, adds: ‘Signbox is so much more than just a signage provider. Having worked with the team before, I was fully aware that they had the ability to greatly enhance the design concept with interesting products and ideas to deliver a total, end-to-end signage solution. The team worked closely with both myself and the marketing team to develop an environment that was at once visually stunning and appropriate to the various business divisions within the building. The reception’s corporate signage, a backlit corporate logo onto back painted glass wall, is particularly impressive.”
“The whole Signbox team was energised by this brief,” explains Matthew Wilkins - Director, Signbox. “We worked closely with the insurer and Andrew to push the creative boundaries to develop an inspiring work place that reflects the diverse nature of this business. We drew on all our experience and expertise to deliver a first-class fit-out that we’re very proud of.”